free website stats program Security System UN-install | Harley Davidson Forums

Security System UN-install

nacreous

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is an easy way to permanently disconnect the factory security system on an 07 Softail model (FLSTF) without hurting anything else (electrical or otherwise) on the bike? I have been having numerous problems with it not allowing me to disarm it either by key fob or by manually doing it via turn signals. The dealer is not much help...since the problem is not always able to be reproduced at the nearest dealer, after riding for 2 hours to get there. I am thinking of completely disconnecting it to rid the problem permanently and then possibly replacing it with an after market brand...or some other anti-theft system/device.

Thanks for any replies and/or help.
-nacreous

There are other features that the TSSM handles too besides the alarm function. You can always substitute the TSSM for a TSM and do away with the system. It's a plug and play option by just unplugging the TSSM and plugging the TSM in it's place.

Thanks, Glider, for the info. I will check it out.

Hey, BTW, I too have a Pacific Blue Pearl color Road King Classic in addition to my FLSTF....like the one in your photo. I just got it :D

Great color for the RK IMO:D

1CC.jpg

Back