free website stats program Security Key Icon light | Harley Davidson Forums

Security Key Icon light

jsvt184

While riding today my key icon light came on and stayed on. Bike performed fine, no problems. I rode home and shut it down. Upon starting it again it acts normal, light comes on for a few seconds and shuts off. Can I assume the bike just threw a code? If so what type of problem does this indicate?

While riding today my key icon light came on and stayed on. Bike performed fine, no problems. I rode home and shut it down. Upon starting it again it acts normal, light comes on for a few seconds and shuts off. Can I assume the bike just threw a code? If so what type of problem does this indicate?

Harley Davidson Community Have you looked here yet?

On my 2009 Ultra Classic the same light came on and it wouldn't start, turned out I had a connection come loose behind fuse box, very not very happy with the reliabilty of my Ultra, lots of problems starting to show up with 23,000 miles, not sure I'd buy another new Harley

Thanks Jack. I'll give it a try and let you know.

I ran the diagnostics and none showed up in every catagory. I guess that's a good thing although I can't understand why that light was on.

Last edited by a moderator:
The light on can be from anything like a bad start or other minor thing that doesn't log a code.

Friend has a 2010 FLHTP with no security and his stays on all the time the bike is on.Had that happen once with my 2010 RG w/security the left turn signal also stopped working,ended up being a bad ground.

Then might want to replace FOB battery...could be causing signal to illuminate...just a thought.

Back