free website stats program Security Cut Off | Harley Davidson Forums

Security Cut Off

coco

I've got a 1998 883 with the security feature. It activates all the time for no apparent reason and I have to punch in the code but that takes forever to get "zero'd" out and the bike just won't accept the code sometimes. I sit there forever until I can get the bike to accept the code and start. I took it into a HD service awhile back and he said he couldn't deactivate it...Any ideas? It's really cutting into my enjoyment!

Make that a 2008 883 not 1998...The fob does not disarm the system consistently...causing me to punch in the code...

The FOB coin battery is FRESH and you have the SAME problem with your back-up FOB that also has a FRESH coin battery in it?

Well, that's a thought...I have not replaced the coin battery in the fob on my key chain but tried it today with the back - up fob and neither disarmed the system...but I got both at the same time...but never used the back up...ya think both coin battery's are dead?

Thanks Hoople...first thing in the am I'll replace 'em both and post the result...never even thought of the most obvious problem...PS the 2009 sunglow red Dyna low my favorite HD...couldn't afford the upgrade...great ride...

Will do Tank...thanks...really appreciate everyone's help...I live in Seattle and take ferry's all the time...you have no idea how frustrating it is to be first in line on and off and having problems starting up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back