free website stats program seats | Harley Davidson Forums

seats

DC Chad

after much looking around to find a Roomier seat for my 1990 FLHS im coming to the conclusion that it might be better to see if i can convert the mounting to take a later seat :D as the listings don't seem to go far enough back for my bike.

have any of you guys attempted this ? and if you did how were the results im thinking that in the new year i might treat myself to the lepera daddy long legs.

Cheers
Chad:D

You could change the mounting brackets but depending on the year of the newer/older seat to be modified, the seat pan could be entirely different and not fit the frame properly.
Mustang seats shows 2 different style to fit 89-96 models for FL's.
tourbox

You could change the mounting brackets but depending on the year of the newer/older seat to be modified, the seat pan could be entirely different and not fit the frame properly.
Mustang seats shows 2 different style to fit 89-96 models for FL's.
tourbox

If you can find a Sundowner that fits your bike, I've found them to be very comfortable

thanks for the replys :)

the listing for the mustang seat i found over hear only showed from 07 onwards ill give them a call at some point to see what can be done for the earlier models , im not riding at the moment as this weekend ill be stripping out the primary drive and replacing seals and gaskets as she has a very slight oil leak coming from the back somewhere , so whilst im doing that im going to fit a new pulley , brake disk and new pads for the Billet6 Calliper :D

so a decent day in the garage supping strong coffee should get that all done :newsmile01:

Your frame should be the same as a 94/95 Road King. Try looking at those. The mount on the front of the seat may be a little different, but you could probably adapt it.

thanks for that SledDog ill look into it :) im over at a buddys this weekend doing all the seals and gaskets on the primary drive:D he has an FXR of the same vintage as my FLHS and also an 06 dyna and a selection of seats for both so we can have a play with those to get an idea of what works :D

thanks again

Chad

Back