free website stats program Seat upgrade? | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat upgrade?

Apyle

So I've got a question on upgrading the seat on my 87 fxrs. This is just out of curiosity more than anything. As I was looking at accessories for my bike (wasting time). I came across a mustang seat that claimed to fit 82-94 fxr models. My question is involving the way the seat on the frxs is mounted in 87. Some of you know that it is hinged with a car hood type latch because the oil tank/dipstick is underneath it. The filler/dipstick for the oil tank on the earlier models comes in from the side, and the seat is rigid. I'm not really familiar with the newer fxr models to know if they're the same. Personally, I don't see how they'd work on mine.:dknow

Youre correct. The seat will have to be removed to gain access underneath. If your seat pan is in good shape, I'd spend the money getting it reworked. IMHO I have never had a more comfortable seat than the stock seat on my 86 superglide.

Youre correct. The seat will have to be removed to gain access underneath. If your seat pan is in good shape, I'd spend the money getting it reworked. IMHO I have never had a more comfortable seat than the stock seat on my 86 superglide.
It already has been replaced, I just saw it and thought that there was no way it'd work as intended.

Back