free website stats program Seat fitment | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat fitment

capnjapseye

Can someone please clarify the situation regarding seats.
i.e.
If a seat fits an 04/05 (i.e. pre fuel injection) XL1200R, will the same seat fit the same year but on an XL1200C?
and
If a seat fits an 04/05 (i.e. pre fuel injection) XL1200C, will the same seat fit the same year but on an XL1200R?
I have come to the conculsion that the only difference, assuming the same model year, is maybe due to the size of the tank. If someone could clarify what the criteria is here - I would be most greatful....and, I'm still lookin for the bracket / link pipe jobby for the original pipes for my XL1200R (04/05 model). Thanks.

short answer NO.
the seats and seat mounts are different on the C model and the R/Low models of that year the, tanks make more difference than you would think.
the C is wider and longer and the seat tab seat further back under the seat, the smaller tank is shorter and narrower so the seat bracket is longer at the front of the seat.
to change to either you need to swap the tanks

When I changed my fuel tank to the larger 4.5 gal and had the seat off to put my Drag Specialties flame seat on; I noticed that the fender did have a second mounting hole further up the fender for the OEM passenger strap...would a solo seat use this mounting hole? Just curious... :33:

yes the second hole is for the solo seat :D

Thanks Hobbit! -- just wanted to clarify and "--Up the Ante" for CAPNJAPSEYE, that there are options besides the standard dual pillion saddle that came as OEM on the 2004 XL1200R, besides the smaller 3.3 gal tank. Decisions - Decisions :33:

BTW Hobbit, was a good read on the new '09 Bike(S) you now have in your stable...which one gets the "Bubble" and which one tows the "Trailer"? :D

Last edited:
Back