free website stats program seat fastener | Harley Davidson Forums

seat fastener

Hello
Removing my seat off my FLHTCUTG is a 'work in the dark',at best! Does anyone make a screw with a long turled head so that you don't need to start your screw with a screw driver,you can get it started with your fingers ? Hope this makes sence. Thanks for any info.

Yes HD has one that is a knurled knob so you dont need tools to remove the seat. Dont know how much it is bought one a few years ago....

Just a quick note of caution - this quick-remove knob makes your seat very easy for others to remove too...not that the OEM screw's any different. I plan to get something "unique" after my seat comes back from MCC mod - this site has good ideas:

Spanners: Security Screws & Patented Snake Eyes Spanners at Tamperproof

Yep - occasionally a thread pops up about this. Sad fact is that anything detachable on your bike is an easy target for someone with no morals about taking other people's stuff. Park in visible areas and carry adequate insurance so you don't have to stress out about it.

Dr. D is right. Locks only keep honest people honest. If a thief wants something he will find a way to get it. Quick detach means just that, insurance that has good coverage gives some peace of mind.

Never admit to your insurance carrier that you have quick detachables or thumb screws!!! I'm not suggesting anyone lie if they're asked, just don't volunteer such information.:57:

Hey Banjo Picker make sure it will work I bought one can not remember why it didn't work or if it is the same one you are looking at it never fit my Tri-Glide.

Back