free website stats program Seat Differences 08 - 09 Ultra ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat Differences 08 - 09 Ultra ?

j.lawson

Hey guys, Ive been looking for a new used seat for my 08 Ultra and understand there are changes made from 08 to 09 and later. Just wondering if they are a (will not fit) or just cosmetic differance. And if its a no fit situation, how far back, in years, will fit the 08?
Thanks John

My buddy just bought a seat for his '07, but they sent him a seat for a '09 and later. When he called to exchange it, they said none in stock. According to him, the difference is in the front tab (male vs. female?). He said it was easy to fab a fix and it now works fine. I deleted his email, so I can't give you the exact procedure. Just remembered, his is a solo, may make a difference.

Last edited:
You have to remember that the 09 model year tourings, had a BIG change in the frame.
Swing arm wider with a wider tire (180) so that means a wider fender also.:D

signed....BUBBIE

I was told the 08 will fit a 09 but the 09 and later will not work on a 08. The 08 is wider in the seat frame area. I was told I was pretty much limited to the 08 seats only.

Back