free website stats program Seat comfort Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat comfort Problems

Roklock

Hi,

I am getting tailbone pain and looking for suggestions. I have a fatboy and have put a deepbucket sundowner seat on it to try and help but still get the pain when going on longer rides.

Any suggestions at what I should consider? Anybody try any of the gel seat pads that are put on top or your seat?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

I agree....it could be handlebar position. Do you sit in a "natural" position now, or do you reach forward to the bars, arching your back. Try to get a handlebar position that allows you to sit upright comfortably....that may help.

Yeh, already did the handlebars too...after the seat change. It definately helped my riding position.

Carlini cleansweep - 10 1/2" rise & 9 1/2" pullback.

Safe to assume that its better now? Have you tested it on a long ride yet?

Yes, better but not for a long day of riding. I am good for 1 1/2 - 2 hours but then need an extended break.

Doing the 4 - 5 hours with 15 minute breaks by the end of the day I am ready to get off the bike.

Williamstringer - never heard of them but found them by googling, will give them a call. Thanks!!

I know that after putting on a back rest mystock RKC seat got way more comfy. Don't know if it would help in this case, but being able to lean back also changed my butt position.

Back