free website stats program Seat Break in | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat Break in

lowrider1963

I have a 2010 FXDC and swapped the stock seat with a Solo Tripper by Mustang. It looks great, and at first felt nice. But after about 30 minutes, my rear starts to get a bit sore. I have less than 50 miles on it, and know I have to 'break-in' the padding. I wanted to know about how long this usually takes?

Thanks

With some aftermarket seats 1000 to 1500 mi to get either the seat or you broke in. My stock seat on my 05RG felt good from the first ride.

I bought a new mustang seat while in Myrtle 'Beach for my 2010 tri-glide ultra, had to stop three times on the way home to buy foam from walmart. After 1430 miles to home the seat sits in the garage and the original seat is on the trike. I've had two mustang seats on my previous bikes and loved both of them -- don't know if this one will ever get broken in. If I can't trade it in for a different model it will be for sale soon.

I never got used to mine (00 fxdx) and it never broke in even after 5000 miles. I swapped it out with a stock seat from an 03 fxd. World of difference. Plus it was free which is almost unheard of in the world of HD.

Seats are such a personal thing. I got the Mustang Wide Touring and I love it. My wife prefers it much more over stock as well. It's a toss up between that and the HD QR shield as to what are the best things I've added to my bike.

It's ironic that shields and seats are so particular since they both cost so much and you have to give them both time before you tell if you like it or not.

My seat was comfy from day one. Much better on my back as well.

I hope it works out for you.

Back