free website stats program Seafoam with old gas? | Harley Davidson Forums

Seafoam with old gas?

DarinDan

Quick question. We moved and since our move my battery went down. Replaced my battery and preparing to ride. I have had my bike down for three to four months now. Bike started up yesterday after replacing my battery. Wanted to know if I need to add some seafoam or MMO with my new tank of gas to ensure I don't have problems with the old gas that was sitting for a few months. Never used seafoam or MMO but have read a few threads on the matter so it got me to thinking before I take a ride with the old gas. Did take it a little bit to get the bike cranked but it ran alright after starting the motor and letting it run a few minutes. Thanks for your help.

Quick question. We moved and since our move my battery went down. Replaced my battery and preparing to ride. I have had my bike down for three to four months now. Bike started up yesterday after replacing my battery. Wanted to know if I need to add some seafoam or MMO with my new tank of gas to ensure I don't have problems with the old gas that was sitting for a few months. Never used seafoam or MMO but have read a few threads on the matter so it got me to thinking before I take a ride with the old gas. Did take it a little bit to get the bike cranked but it ran alright after starting the motor and letting it run a few minutes. Thanks for your help.

MMO would be a good choice it will lube all the innards and clean out the carbon:s

Wow talk about quick replies. Thanks for the information. Any concerns that I need to watch with using MMO since I have still have old fuel.

I personally use a little less than called for. I have found if I get crazy and dump to much my bike doesn't like it as much (carb). I do use it almost every tank as a standard practice.

Too much will cause smoking and maybe a fouled plug The instructions on the bottle are pretty clear:s

Stay with MMO instead of using Seafoam? Thanks for your help. Just want to make sure before I go put any type of material into the fuel tank.

I would put about 2 ounces of seafoam in it, I swear by it use it in every engine that I own. I buy mine at Northern Tool ,dented cans, for about 6 bucks a can. Can't say enough good things about it.

Drain gas out, use it for lawnmower etc. Fresh gas+2ozMMO+2ozSeaFoam. Gas will turn bad and attract moisture FAST. You don't want that going thru your HD engine.
Lawnmower? Ah what does it know? :D
wilks3
:USA

Back