free website stats program sea level | Harley Davidson Forums

sea level

Welcome Woody, I'm no mikuni tuner but I did post a mikuni tuner manual on this post, just follow the link then go down to my post and open it, hope it helps some. If there a big elevation change could just need tuning. I'm sure you have run fresh gas through it, and checked any fuel filters & installed new spark plugs. What's it doing exactly?

Mikuni settings - Harley Davidson Community

Use Choppers manual to richen it up. If the bike was in tune @ 2000 ft above sea level, when you bring it down to sea level it will be very lean and you will have to richen it up.

Help please I have a 02 FXD super glide 113ci with 45 mikuni moved from Colorado Springs, Colorado to Columbia,South Carolina runs like (EDIT)!!!! HELP!! woody

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Take it to a shop or, if you can do it yourself, go up one main jet size, you are running too lean if it was set-up for the elevation in colorado. Should be a simple fix----jack

Main and Jet needle I thought. Doesn't Jet needle control 1/4- 3/4 throttle and main controls 3/4 to WOT. Since it was a dramatic change in attitude, I would think both. (but ?)
I could tell you exactly what to do if it was FI:p

Main and Jet needle I thought. Doesn't Jet needle control 1/4- 3/4 throttle and main controls 3/4 to WOT. Since it was a dramatic change in attitude, I would think both. (but ?)
I could tell you exactly what to do if it was FI:p

Might well be, but, a bigger jet will change the size of the hole the metering needle sets into and it will change the overall flow of fuel to some degree towards the richer. I try to do fuel one step at a time unless I already know that particular machine.------jack

CVThrottlepositions1.gif

Back