free website stats program Sea Foam in a Harley Davidson | Harley Davidson Forums

Sea Foam in a Harley Davidson

ckhismine

Any one put sea foam in a Harley Davidson. I have used it for years. Put it in all of my outdoor tools. Weed eater,blower,log splitter ect ect. I never have any starting or running problems like others around me seem to have when using stabil. Have had 2 year old gas sit in a chain saw and it would start up and run like it was fresh gas. In 2010 I had a shoulder injury that put me out of riding and using any of my outdoor toys or tools. Thank god I had the sea foam in all of them. Any one else use it ? Do you use it in your bike ??

You can use sea foam or Marvel mystery oil and they will both do about the same as far as cleaning the fuel system. I prefer the Marvel myself, it always does what it is supposed to do.

There are lots of threads on Sea Foam & other products already. If you enter 'Sea Foam' in the search box for the forum, you will find them.

BTW, we use it in all of our engines now. :) Discovered it when I was having trouble with my deuce on the first ride of the season a few years ago. :s

I do approximately every 3rd tank I'll mix some in the gas...also use "mmo" Marvel Mystery Oil in every tank... 1/2 oz to the gal. The Seafoam I use about an 1oz to 1.5oz to the 5 gal tank size. I think the MMO provides upper cylinder lub. & helps run lub through the fuel pump & injectors.

There is a less exspensive product sold at your local wally world called "B12" that for me works as well as seafoam. $3 versis 8 or 9 for seafoam.

I agree with you on the Berryman B 12. Its good stuff but I still use the seafoam once in awhile.

Good Stuff, have been using it for years, We use it in the intake for cleaning carbon deposits at work:s

You can use sea foam or Marvel mystery oil and they will both do about the same as far as cleaning the fuel system. I prefer the Marvel myself, it always does what it is supposed to do.

Marvel mystery oil is a popular oil with airplane engine mechanics too. Must be good stuff. I wonder what's in it to make it so good? Oh, that's the mystery.

Back