free website stats program SE Stage I Installation | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Stage I Installation

Just a quick tutorial to replacing the stock AF with the SE Stage I Kit. Pretty straight forward, but helps to see how to remove the black bracket on the throttle body.

img_0019.jpg

1. Remove Air Filter cover (8MM Hex)

img_0021.jpg

2. Remove 3 Torx screaws (T27)

img_0022.jpg

3. Remove brace bracket, exposing the air filter

img_0023.jpg

4. Slowly remove air filter; releasing vent hoses. Play close attention to not damage the gasket on the back of the filter.

img_0024.jpg

5. Remove vent hoses from Breather bolts

img_0025.jpg

6. Remove Breather bolts (7/16" Deep socket)

img_0027.jpg

7. Note Black (metal) brace mounter to top of the throttle body. This must be removed to allow proper fitment of the SE Stage I kit.

img_0030.jpg

8. In order to remove the mention bracket you'll want to raise your fuel tank. Remove rear tank bolts (1/2" socket). Raise seat approximately 2"

img_0029.jpg

9. Difficult to see, but I am using a 90 degree 3/16" Allen wrench to loosen/remove the bolts holding the bracket in place.

img_0032.jpg

10. Install SE backing plate per provided instructions.

img_0033.jpg

11. Install SE Air Filter per provided instructions. Note: Still unsure if provided AF is supposed to be oiled or not; am awaiting word from Jamie@Fuelmoto.com

img_0019.jpg

12. Install stock cover. Note: Remove the rubber gasket on the stock filter cover.

Great post, thanks for taking the time to post it with the pics.

I have copied it into the self help area.

Harley Davidson Community

Thanks

In step #8, this should read...

"Raise seat approximately 2" but don't lift tank too much as the fuel line connection can be broken"

Last edited:
Step 11 - Note: Filter is pre-oiled. Service every 5000 miles sing K&N kit

Usually when you see the red color on the filter that is the K&N oil that makes it red. The washable ones in the stage one from HD are white paper, they don't get oiled.

Step 1 the 8MM hex bolt can use a 5/16" hex wrench. Just in case you don't have any MM hex wrenches.

Back