free website stats program SE Stage 1 air filter ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Stage 1 air filter ??

RetNYPD

Greetings all,
I tried a search for my question with no joy. I got the V & H Long Shots, FuelPak and SE Stage 1 air filter installed by the dealer when I bought my Harley. I didn't receive any paperwork related to the filter (or the fuelpak for that matter). I just want to know what the service intervals for the air filter are. Once a year, after a certain amount of miles? I know that the SE doesn't get oiled like the K & Ns. It just gets washed. How often?
TIA for any help you can provide.
Semper Fidelis!
Tom

Greetings all,
I tried a search for my question with no joy. I got the V & H Long Shots, FuelPak and SE Stage 1 air filter installed by the dealer when I bought my Harley. I didn't receive any paperwork related to the filter (or the fuelpak for that matter). I just want to know what the service intervals for the air filter are. Once a year, after a certain amount of miles? I know that the SE doesn't get oiled like the K & Ns. It just gets washed. How often?
Semper Fidelis!
Tom

Like Hobbit said, depends on how many miles you go. I generally made it a rule to clean it at oil changes (K&N). Maybe a bit often but the color of the filter can decide.

I check mine either every 3000 miles or 3 months. Usually it is 3000 miles when I change my oil. I would clean it at that time. JMO

Greetings all,
Semper Fidelis!
Tom

I didn't get any info with mine either. What are you suppose to use to clean the SE air filter? Just soap and water??

The SE is a paper filter and the K&N is a gauze type filter. Both are cleanable but only the K&N gets oiled.

Back