free website stats program SE Slip on muffler question. 04' FLHRCI | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Slip on muffler question. 04' FLHRCI

wroy

I need help with an exhaust question. I have a 2004 Road King Classic with Sreaming Eagle slip on muffers. I removed both mufflers to aid in the rear wheel removal. I put the mufflers back on but did not mark the right or left sides.

Are the slip on mufflers side specific? Does the right have to go on the right and the left on the left side only? It may be my imagineation, but it does not seem to have the same power as it did and sounds different than it did before removing the mufflers.

Thank you in advance for any input.

There is a left and a right, but it does not matter on your '04. The mufflers have part numbers and such stamped into them. These stampings should be on the inside, and not visible.

I need help with an exhaust question. I have a 2004 Road King Classic with Sreaming Eagle slip on muffers. I removed both mufflers to aid in the rear wheel removal. I put the mufflers back on but did not mark the right or left sides.

Are the slip on mufflers side specific? Does the right have to go on the right and the left on the left side only? It may be my imagineation, but it does not seem to have the same power as it did and sounds different than it did before removing the mufflers.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Certainly couldn't hurt to swap them and see if anything changes.

I swapped left for right on my FLHX so the cheesy Screaming Eagle logos were to the inside...otherwise, they are identical.

You may have them reversed but it doesn't matter as others have stated. What you may be hearing is maybe due to the packing being intact in the left muffler and is now quieter being on the right. Most of the exhaust comes out of the right side and will burn up the packing material over time making the exhaust note slightly louder. JMO
WAP.gif

Back