free website stats program SE Race Tuner vs SE Super Tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Race Tuner vs SE Super Tuner

USMCCWO5

Just checking my options. Need a bike that can fly to Sturgis from San Diego with my wife on the back.

I have an 07 FLHRC, 103 ci, ported and polished (Dave Mackie) heads and cams, Crane roller lifters, TP roller rockers, V&S Long Shots, SE air filter kit. I have been told by my shop that they can't get a Race Tuner right now. Don't understand why. I also spoke with another gentlemen, he said HD is releasing a new item called the SE Super Tuner. Any input on availability is appreciated.

Next question regarding SERT or SEST
How long can I expect for a professional dyno session?
One hours leads me to believe a "Canned" solution.
Who in SoCal does the best job. I am on Camp Pendleton between San Diego and Las Angeles. Thanks.

Just checking my options. Need a bike that can fly to Sturgis from San Diego with my wife on the back.

I have an 07 FLHRC, 103 ci, ported and polished (Dave Mackie) heads and cams, Crane roller lifters, TP roller rockers, V&S Long Shots, SE air filter kit. I have been told by my shop that they can't get a Race Tuner right now. Don't understand why. I also spoke with another gentlemen, he said HD is releasing a new item called the SE Super Tuner. Any input on availability is appreciated.

Next question regarding SERT or SEST
How long can I expect for a professional dyno session?
One hours leads me to believe a "Canned" solution.
Who in SoCal does the best job. I am on Camp Pendleton between San Diego and Las Angeles. Thanks.

The Pro Tuner has been out for months...I have used it three times already although I have to say I'm not impressed at all with it.....I call it the ''Fisher Price Tuner''. It has all the same tuning capabilities as the SERT just a different look on the software. The Pro Tuner was sent out with a lot of glitches that Harley is still up dating...I have up dated my software 5 times already....DUH !!!!. I can't wait until the new TTS V-Tuner comes out in July (hopefully) Now this is the tuner to have....it has many added features to the tuning tables and it has the same format as the Original SERT, as a matter of fact it is the company who made the original SERT. I was one of the beta testers used so I have knowledge of the unit and I can tell you it's AWESOME and it doesn't have any glitches...it works all the time. (this is my opinion)
I don't know any tuners out in your area though....sorry. However I have a post in the Sticky forum that Glider put together that will give you some questions to ask your tuner to see if he is doing the SERT correctly....it's title is "5 questions to ask your tuner'' check it out.
Good Luck

I can't wait until the new TTS V-Tuner comes out in July (hopefully) Now this is the tuner to have....

Doc; is the TTS V-Tuner a SE part? My shop hasn't heard of it. I am almost at 1000 miles on the new engine and wanted to knock out the Race Tuner, dyno, and oil change at the same time.

Should I hold off on the Race Tuner and dyno until the new TTS V-Tuner is ready. I am off to Sturgis in Aug and wanted to complete all this before then.

Thanks.

Doc; is the TTS V-Tuner a SE part? My shop hasn't heard of it. I am almost at 1000 miles on the new engine and wanted to knock out the Race Tuner, dyno, and oil change at the same time.

Should I hold off on the Race Tuner and dyno until the new TTS V-Tuner is ready. I am off to Sturgis in Aug and wanted to complete all this before then.

Thanks.

The production copy of the software is in the mail to me,(and the rest of the Beta Tester Team), as I type this note to you, I will go over the programs and help manuals for any mistakes or my approval. As soon as this is done it should be ready to hit the market in two weeks.
The unit is made by TTS the original developer of the SERT....it has NOTHING to do with the MoCo. If your Service Mgr or GM wants to email me or TTS for a dealer application please feel free.
If you have a `07 or `08 model bike the V-Tuner program in the TTS Tuner will be very beneficial to you but if you have a `06 or earlier tuning will be done the conventional way. The V-Tuner program will take some training to show the techs how to perform the magic it provides. I'm booking training dates right now for August if your shop is interested.

Hi James,

Someone at Biggs told me that XRBob in Vista was good with a SERT, no personal experience but you may want to talk to him. I'll bet he will be very interested in the new TTS program too.

Best to all,

Pixs :cheers:drunk

Pixs;
Just happened to ride by XRBobs yesterday with the wife on the way to a HOG ride. I didn't realize they were only 10 miles from the garage door. Thanks for the input.

Back