free website stats program SE Air filter | Harley Davidson Forums

SE Air filter

rkf09fxdb

Sorry folks I haven't posted in a while. Guess i didn't need too 'til now. I took off my SE air filter the other day and I noticed some dirt covering the butterfly valve plate on the throttle body. I checked the air cleaner assembly and found no evidence of the dirt getting through anywhere. I also checked the air filter for holes and found none. This was fine dirt though and the SE filter looks "thin" too me so I am just thinking that it is letting some fine dirt past. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

What you are probably seeing is the oil mist build up that comes from the head breathers. Nothing to be alarmed about. Just clean it with some carb cleaner spray and let it dry before starting it or you will set a code. You can also dry it with some low pressure compressed air.

Doubt there would be much carbon on the outside of the butterfly. My money is on oily residue.

Yeah you are probably correct unless it coughed a couple times I have seen that before too:s

Yeah I did not think about the oil build up.That's what it probably was. sure does look a lot like dirt though. I live in west Texas so I'm not immune to dirt. :)

Yeah I did not think about the oil build up.That's what it probably was. sure does look a lot like dirt though. I live in west Texas so I'm not immune to dirt. :)

How long between cleaning of the filter??? Just asking.

Often is better than Not..

signed....BUBBIE

Back