free website stats program SE 80721-09 work with true duals? | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 80721-09 work with true duals?

Those are the same slip-ons I have put on my 2007 they are designed for stock pipes ,not true duals. The left pipe is a scavenger

Well I hate to hear that. I put about a hundred miles on them with true duals. Think the engine will be ok?

What would be a good quite slipon that would work with true duals. monster ovals are out of my price range.

Thanks,

Earl

most of the aftermarket slip ons will work witht he true duals as they are a more balanced setup than SE slip ons

Well I guess I messed up again. I had V&H ovals and traded them for the SE because V&H ovals were too loud for the wife. I thought they would work with true duals. Seems like the more I do, the more I wasted money.

I just hope I did not hurt the engine.

If you like the look of the slash cut,buy a cheap set of rivcos and try the 2'' baffle,if thats too loud go to the 1 3/4

Thanks all

Sorry to be such a problem child but now I'm really confused!! I just talked to Bumpus HD in Memphis, Abernathy HD in union city, and my independent in Selmer and they all said the SE should work. Not that they will work, but should.

Any thoughts on how to test this??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts on how to test this??

Thanks

The key is in the construction of the muffler. Some mufflers you can look inside the shell front and rear and see if they are both constructed the same as far as the baffling like the older ones were but the newer ones are totally different between the right and the left mufflers. The left is basically used as a sound chamber to make the exhaust sound better without much provisions for flow and as such has a very short baffle in the rear of the muffler.

If you compare some slip ons from say a dyna, those would be pretty much the same muffler internally but when it comes to a bagger, the flow is desired to exit mainly from the right muffler for better scavenging of the rear cylinder and very little flow of exhaust in comparison from the left muffler.

Back