free website stats program SE 2 VS stock w/o baffles | Harley Davidson Forums

SE 2 VS stock w/o baffles

nramike

I have ran across a set of SE II mufflers that I am thinking about putting on my 98 super. It has stock mufflers that I am told have had the baffles removed by the previous owner. I am curios about sound, preformance and how they would look on this bike. Would it have to be re-jetted? I did the test that runs it up to 60 -70 in third gear then back off the throttle one quarter of the way with the current set up. It did not stall or surge. Oh, they are slash cuts for the looks opinion. Would the brackets have to be changed?:42:

A word of advice, with the baffles removed. look for another set:s. You need backpressure to make the engine perform right. Depending on the jetting in the bike now, it would probably run better with some jet work, especially true if you are going for the stage 1 intake at a later date. You may slip by with no jetting changes and just mufflers.

Good choice, I had them on my last bike 95 with 203 cams and they are crisp sounding but when you get into the throttle, they have a really great sound. I just opted for a quiet bike after that one to cruise.:D

I also had them on an evo dyna and they sounded good too.

Back