free website stats program screaming eagle slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

screaming eagle slip ons

Have set of screaming eagle slip ons that came with bike when purchased . My question is that I want to take the stock pipes off and put on the sceaming eagles do i need to put it on the dyno at the local stealer or not. Some buds of mine say it does'nt need to be dynoed some say it does. Stock pipes just don't have the sound that i'm looking for. Bike is 09 heritage with 4000 km on it. Any feedback greatly appreciately. Thanks

Just my opinion but if you just change the pipes but everything else is stock you should be ok, your bike should be able to adjust for that. If you did air filter as well then you should go with a download. If you are concerned with it running a bit more lean then get a set of Nightriders to plug in line with your O2 sensors.

Slip-on pipes shouldn't make much difference from stock so there's no need to dyno, unless you want to see the #'s. Just follow instructions & make sure to use high-temp silicone where the headers meet your pipes. Also, would be a good idea to get new muffler clamps b/c they compress & you don't want any leaks.

Have fun & enjoy the new sound!

Thanks for info, changed over pipes and would like to say that i do like the new sound, especially when the throttle gets twisted.

Back