free website stats program Screaming Eagle Slip Ons Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Screaming Eagle Slip Ons Question

cubalz

I am looking at a set of NOS Screaming Eagle Slip Ons 64924-99 Slash Up for my 2000 Road King Classic but before I pull the trigger, I was wondering if these could be used on my bike since I have a true dual header pipe system.I swear that I read somewhere that one slip on is more baffled than the other due to the original HD header system not being true dual. I am afraid of buying these and having them ruin the performance of my Road King. Can someone verify this one way or the other?

I put SE Slip Ons onto my '08 FLHX and I don't recall them being labelled "left" and/or "right." This leads me to believe that they are baffled the same. Hopefully someone will have a 100% definitive answer for you soon. If not, have a discussion with someone at the dealership you trust.

The majority of the HD mufflers have a left and right application. Check the part numbers and if they are the same then the baffling is the same in both but it may also have different part numbers due to the depression in the muffler body for the axle. Best bet is to eye ball them as far as what the internal baffles look like and compare them.

The majority of the HD mufflers have a left and right application.

Uh Oh - that means I either messed up when I installed mine, or I did it correctly and my memory's shot. I know which one I'm leaning towards!

The problem is that they are not available in any of my local dealers, I found them online. I just do not want to buy them if they really aren't compatible with a true dual header set up.

Contact the seller and ask for both part numbers on both mufflers. We may be able to give you more with the part numbers.

Uh Oh - that means I either messed up when I installed mine, or I did it correctly and my memory's shot. I know which one I'm leaning towards!
Don't sell yourself short Doc. I don't want to dispute what Glider stated, but my service manual makes no differentiation between right & left. Seems to me if they were different the service manual would identify & specify such in the install instructions instead of ambiguously stating 'push muffler squarely onto exhaust pipe'. Also, seems that the figure that shows the system would differentiate them instead of one description with quantity 2.

...Or, maybe I'm assuming logic and logic doesn't apply with the HD Service Manual.

The earlier mufflers were cored the same but the later ones is where you run into a problem swapping sides. Not sure of the year this started but usually around 05-06 on some.

The PN you posted brings back this...

KIT MUFFLER, SLASH UP 96+FLT

Get both PN on both mufflers.

Last edited:
I thought all aftermarket Screaming Eagle mufflers had logo on mufflers and logo would go to outside. I know the CVO ones are O.E. and do not. Is the ones with no logo made by a different manufacture????

Back