free website stats program Screaming Eagle Plugs and new wires..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Screaming Eagle Plugs and new wires.....

Pride913

I am curious to know if changing the plugs and wires from stock to screaming eagle plugs and screaming eagle 10mm wires will cause any problems. I have done a little research and i can get them do to having the stage 1 intake and having better pipes (vance & hines)... so they say, but i would like to have more than one say so being as dealerships like to make their $$... there is really no reason for upgrading other than wires look horrible and plugs just need to be changed. Not to mention a lil orange would set off all the black on my motor...

Thanks for the info..

yeah i have alot of black on the motor, just wanted to add a little flavor to it. Was told and read you can screw up compression and maybe have the computer or something rather programed. Im no machanic by anymeans and dont like screwing my vehicels up. thanks

You might want to do a search on "ion sensing"....the system that HD uses to protect the engine against detonation.
I'd stick with the stock plugs and wires if it was mine.

Probably only concern that lower resistance of performance setup may cause a false diagnostic "error" with the Ion sensing OEM calibration...

I think SE wires are just a matter of personal taste: no benefit or damage can occur to the bike installing them.
But they're on my shopping list: I think they give a nice touch to the left side of my Street Bob.
The choice is between red and orange, but I think I'll get the orange ones, more in line with HD company colors.
(It just 25 €, a lot for a couple of simple wires but they provide a lot in look IMO)
Ciao
Ugo

I put them on my 07 Streetbob Waste of money no big change looks nice but never again stay with stock

The only thing I can say about the SE plug wires is that they cost less than the OEM ones.
I don't know why but they are about $2.00 cheaper at all the dealers around here.

I replace the plug wires on my 1988 EVO FLHS every two or three years. Right now the only wires I can puchase from Harley are SE as they do not sell the stock plug wires for my model. I even had a tire/install vendor at last year's Thunder Beach in Panama City, FL refuse to take my money for two new tires as my bike was too old to be installed on. Huh!? Fossil

I just bought the orange SE plug wires for my Street Bob.
I thought: "easy to install".
Went to the bike, unplugged the stock ones (very easy...) and then i found a couple of problems:
There's one clip coupling the two cables that is too small in diameter (now the cables are 10mm), but I should be able to find something around that can work in its place.
The main problem is with the two binders (don't know if it is the right word in English) that are pressure inserted in two holes over the horn.
There's no way to release them unless breaking them.
But if also succeeded in opening them, it doesn't seem to be enough room to insert the new larger wires and secure them again.
Is there any solution to that, instead of destroying them and ordering the spare part to the dealer?

Thank you and ciao
Ugo

Back