free website stats program screaming eagle mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

screaming eagle mufflers

bilchr

I just purchased a 2008 rocker, and I live in a little town in southeast alaska
that doesn't have a harley dealershp. I am wanting to put on a set of screaming eagle slip on mufflers, the question I have is do I need to do anything in tuning wise to motor if I change out the stock mufflers?

You will not need to alter the Air/Fuel mixture if just changing to SE slip on mufflers, as the minor change will be compensated by the ECM so the A/F ratio will be maintained. Do keep the stock mufflers in the event EPA, Fed, State or Local mandated inspections come to your area.

FYI...if you additionally change the Air Filter, as is customary in a full Stage I mod which opens up BOTH intake and exhaust flow you probably will need a fueler mod such as TFI by Techclusion or others to take full advantage of the mods better breathing and IS necessary to prevent overly A/F lean mixture damage. Use the Self Help tabs at the top of the page for details on how this is done and discount prices for added info.

Last edited:
Thanks, for now I'll just go with mufflers, Love bike, but stock mufflers are a little too quite, bike I had until this one was a 1200c with screaming eagle exhaust and stage 1 carb, enjoyed sound of it much better

Back