free website stats program screaming eagle mufflers on 2009 electra glide | Harley Davidson Forums

screaming eagle mufflers on 2009 electra glide

tkeswede

If i only change out the mufflers do i need to use a TFI? Stock air cleaner, 09 electra glide classic 96 cu in.

If i only change out the mufflers do i need to use a TFI? Stock air cleaner, 09 electra glide classic 96 cu in.

Short answer NO, but down the line you will want to add some fuel See the self help section for tips on TFI:s

You don't need to... but you really want to.
When I bought my 2009 I rode it for ONE DAY and I knew something needed to be done. You could smell the heat.

I want to do more but at this time this is what I can do. As long as I don't hurt the engine it will be fine for me. If you can think of anything else please post.
Thanks guys for all your help.

I want to do more but at this time this is what I can do. As long as I don't hurt the engine it will be fine for me. If you can think of anything else please post.
Thanks guys for all your help.

You could also run a K and N air filter in your stock air cleaner, this will be a big improvement over the stock one IMO and you will not have to replace it, just clean and re oil it. One of the first things I do to ALL of my new bikes:s

Back