free website stats program Screaming Eagle II muffs | Harley Davidson Forums

Screaming Eagle II muffs

bobsled

Looking for input on what folks who ran these did to improve low end and mid-range power. I have some re-baffled Stock street Bob mufflers- they are re-baffled with the old style Screaming Eagle II baffle. Great on the top end but can really feel the loss of low end and mid-range. Have heard that some guys did things like add a lollipop etc., to 'em make work better. Going to be running them on my 2011 Street Bob with a Dobeck GEN 3 and modified stock air box with OEM replacement K&N- poor man's stage .75 :newsmile026:. Ran 'em a little bit with ViEDS, but not happy with the way bike ran ( didn't like the enrichment on de-accel or idle, bike threw codes, etc)

The lolly pops or any other type of exhaust splitter should help, look at rush slip ons they have a splitter that seems to work pretty good. I have used this in years past on fish tail drags along with my own home made baffles and it worked great on 3 baggers I owned:s

The lolly pops or any other type of exhaust splitter should help, look at rush slip ons they have a splitter that seems to work pretty good. I have used this in years past on fish tail drags along with my own home made baffles and it worked great on 3 baggers I owned:s

Thanx Jack, yeah I see the splitter on the Rush muffs my OL has on her bike. Probably try the washer welded to bolt and installed at the rear of my baffle first. SE II baffles are already a little tinny in tone- think a straight across splitter like the Rush might make it worse.

Back