free website stats program Screaming Eagle 110 cylinder problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Screaming Eagle 110 cylinder problems

Heck52

While at the dealer getting my 2008 Sportser's rear cylinder top rocker cover gasket replaced because of a oil leak I noticed 2 cylinders sitting on the bench with a steel straight rule on one of them. I ask what was up and the Shop foreman said there was a recall on the headgaskets but in the process of replacing the gaskets they noticed that the liner had move up in the casting. Anybody heard simarlier stories. They had 3 bikes with same.

These cylinders belonged to a guy who was going to leave on a trip in a 2 days. HD was unable to get cylinders to the dealer for more than a week. The liners had moved up in the casting enough that you could see the lip it made. On very upset rider.

There's going to be a lot of unhappy 110 riders and as time goes by, there's going to be some unhappy 96 riders too with the cranks when they up the power on them.

I was all ready to pull the trigger last week on a 07 SERK with a 110... Man am I glad I googled it and found out all the issues with that motor before I plunked down all that cash!! I really loved the bike as it had everything I wanted.. BTW the dealer ened up telling me that with 9k on the clock it went threw 2 head gaskest but " it was fixed now":lolrolling

Zero issues with the 110" here. Approaching two years of smiles. There is a free product enhancement campaign that will build more robustness and longevity into the engine. Guess I'll have it done at the next major service.

When I checked with my large volume dealer on this campaign, noting I didn't have any problems, it was mentioned they were not surprised, having not seen any significant 110" woes. Web sites are a magnet for problem reporting but the issues reported are not reflective of the majority. This is true for any motorcycle community, whether it is Honda stators, BMW final drives, Ducati 1098 false neutrals.

ha i have a 103 se with 12000 miles didnt have that trouble but. my can sencer broke off got sucked up inside the motor tore up everything. 4500.00 dallars later, back on the road anyone ever hear about something like this happening. bumming in arizona

I work at a law firm we been getting some cases on the 07 and 08's SE110's

I been hearing of alot of issues with the SE110

Last edited by a moderator:
Back