free website stats program screamin eagle plug wires | Harley Davidson Forums

screamin eagle plug wires

HDSickness

Banned
Just installed new se plug wires on the 99 road king. Edition and now I switch on to start engine light goes out start up fine then engine light comes back on for about 10 seconds then goes out and all is good never coming back on. Never did this before with stock wires. Any thoughts?
WAP.gif

Dealer told me when light comes on then goes out it is telling you it has a stored code and it's ok to ride the bike but have dealer check what the code is and clear it. I've put SE wires on all my Harleys and never had that issue.

I bought a set of SE wires a few years back and the resistance on one was out of spec. I had never checked new wires before but I had the manual open and it says for a 20 in. wire the resistance should fall between
5,000 & 11,000 ohms. One of the new wires was about 80,000 ohms. So i took them back for replacements. Not sure if this would throw your code or not but maybe it helps.

@glider tried several times without luck.guess I'll wait till it clears itself. Road today for a few hours and no problems so not worried about it.thanks
WAP.gif

Thanks for the reply. I guess that one doesn't do the trick but I'll wait for a few others to verify it too just to be sure.

Back