free website stats program Screamin Eagle Mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

Screamin Eagle Mufflers

doc_63

A friend of mine wants me to have a set of Screamin Eagle mufflers he has laying around. They will go my 08 Streeet Glide. I want my bike to sound better (stock now). How will these mufflers change the sound of my Bike? Any input would be appreciated...positive or nagative.

are they the street legal ones? or the others ones?

one set is LOUD and the other louder than stock, i like SEII's on the sporties nice and rumbly but really bark when you wind it open

I have a feeling they are the street legal ones. Will these give me a "nice" sound along with being a little louder?

I have an 09 SG, a friend also has one. He has SE slip-ons, and when we put our bikes side by side, my stock exhaust was as loud, but not quite as deep. Seriously, the Screaming Eagle slip-ons made very little difference.
I then replaced my stock mufflers with a set of Rush baloney-cut slip-ons, and the volume and tone are perfect (for me, that is). Deep, really do bark when opened up, but not so loud you can't hear the stereo and get pulled over all the time. Another friend put Reinhart slip-ons on his Road King, and they're deep but they don't "open up" when you twist the throttle.
It's all in what you like, try to hear other's bikes, ask what pipes they're running. You can go to Youtube and search, but IMHO, it's not a good way to tell how they really sound.
Good luck,

Bone

A friend of mine wants me to have a set of Screamin Eagle mufflers he has laying around. They will go my 08 Streeet Glide. I want my bike to sound better (stock now). How will these mufflers change the sound of my Bike? Any input would be appreciated...positive or nagative.

Only one way to find out. Easy to do assuming your bike currently has slip on cans (which I would bet it does).

If you like the sound of the SE cans and keep them, you might want to consider up-grading the breather to a more free flowing version (you could pick the SE version or any of the others available). If you choose to do this, you will have to have the fuel/ignition system remapped by an HD Dealership at least. That is what I did, but a better option is a TFI fuel manager that YOU can tune yourself.

TQ

go ahead and take them if your friend wants you to have them!! your not out any money just a little time for trying them. How long have they been on your friends scoot,how long have they been off,will they fit your 08 SG????

go ahead and take them if your friend wants you to have them!! your not out any money just a little time for trying them. How long have they been on your friends scoot,how long have they been off,will they fit your 08 SG????

Yes they will fit. I'm not sure how much use they have had but they are in very nice condition. I will probably try them out. I would think it would improve the sound of my SG...I hope so.

From my experience, the SE II pipes are usually off the bike in a matter of months. (Depending on how much you ride...) My 08 FLHX is pretty loud when I'm getting on it, but when I am just putting, I can hardly hear it.

I have V&H Big-Shot Duals

I do believe that LOUD pipes save lives, as I am a victim of a negligent driver. If you really want a rumble, SE II's probably aren't for you. I do hear positive performance differences though....

I don't know if this is for, or against your decision -- but I hope it helps...

I've got the SEII's on my 08 SG. Not a lot of difference from stock on sound, but seem like the sound improves with age. I've got about 9K miles on them now. They are not as deep of a rumble as the V&H ovals, but I can still set off car alarms when I try. :reyes

IVE GOT THE RUSH SLIP ON MUFFLERS ON MY 08 EGC,AM VERY HAPPY WITH THEM,DEALER RECCOMMENDED THEM OVER THE SEs,GLAD HE DID,DEALER SAIDE SE STUFF DONT HAVE A DEEP ENOUGH TONE.THEY WERE RIGHT AS IVE HEARD SEs AND WASNT IMPRESSED.

Back