free website stats program Scavenger by Rouge Chopper | Harley Davidson Forums

Scavenger by Rouge Chopper

HOLY DIVER

Any thoughts on this product? I'd like to start doing total oil changes on my Softail and this thing looks like it will be handy and do the trick
WAP.gif

I saw positive reviews in American Iron on this product and like the idea. I'm tuned in to see if someone on here has actually used it :s
WAP.gif

Any thoughts on this product? I'd like to start doing total oil changes on my Softail and this thing looks like it will be handy and do the trick
WAP.gif

I use it every oil change and like it. I used it on my 09 Dyna and am using it on my 11 Ultra. It may add an additional 15-20 minutes to the oil change, but I think its worth it and nice to get all the old oil out.

Harley38 did you mean that you use the same one, or did you modify the one for your 09Dyna. I used the scavenger on my 09 Dyna and wanted to use it on my 2012 RK but I didn't think it would work. Will it work, can I modify it or will I have to buy a new one.

Harley38 did you mean that you use the same one, or did you modify the one for your 09Dyna. I used the scavenger on my 09 Dyna and wanted to use it on my 2012 RK but I didn't think it would work. Will it work, can I modify it or will I have to buy a new one.

My error I didn't specify. It is different from the Dyna and the Touring bikes. All you have to buy is the adapter for the Touring bike.

Here is the link Rogue Chopper Click on the "have more than one bike" tab and you can select the supplement kit that will fit your RK. The RK/Touring kit for 1999-Present bikes is $54.95. This is the one I bought.

Hope that helps.

Harley38 thanks for the info. Holy Diver I don't know how much good it will do but I like the way the new oil looks clean on the dip stick for a good long time after using the scavenger kit when changing my oil.

I have one I use on my Ultra. Seems to work good but as noted earlier, it adds about 20 minutes more. I just look at it as additional bonding time!

Harley38 thanks for the info. Holy Diver I don't know how much good it will do but I like the way the new oil looks clean on the dip stick for a good long time after using the scavenger kit when changing my oil.

Anytime

I also like that the oil seems to stay cleaner longer when doing the oil change with the "extra quart".

very true...cleaner longer is nice for me

I have one I use on my Ultra. Seems to work good but as noted earlier, it adds about 20 minutes more. I just look at it as additional bonding time!

haha...agree and can't seem to get enough "bonding time" lately.

WAP.gif

I have one for my ride. It works well and it gets rid of the oil in the top end so you start out with 4 Qts of clean oil rather than 3 clean and 1 dirty.
WAP.gif

Back