free website stats program saved a bunch of money!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

saved a bunch of money!!!

astrorock

Ok so when i installed the new apes, and ran the wires internally, i realized that there was no where to run the wires for the turns ( honestly i hated them anyway) so i decided to relocate them to my spare parts bin.. i went into Harley and they said i had to buy a "load balancer" for 60.00, if i wanted to keep the rears, i was amazed!!! i also wanted my rear turns to double as brakes apparently that adapter is another 60.00.

so here's what i did, i went to autozone and picked up a pack of 2 ceramic load equalizers for LED lights for $12, and mounted them to the frame rail under the seat. then i took my front turn signal housings ( dual filament housings) and swapped them with the rears. i wired the ground and flasher wires to the factory, and spliced the extra blue wires for the 2nd filament to the brake light wire. booya!!! deleted front turns and brake/winkies in the rear for a total of $13.45 Wait the red lenses were 6 so around $20..

i am pretty happy....

Sounds good for the rears, but are you want to run without front directionals ? I love for the other guy to know where I'm going also here in Ca & Az it's a ticket getter. JMO

i hear what you are saying.. i'd never ride without rears, if two little lights on the front are the only thing keeping me safe i've got problems.. and IL, and IN i know do not requore turn signals..

If pulled over in California CHP checks every thing if it came on the bike it had better be there & working...& being here in AZ. with Ca. plates they would nail me in a second...Good luck & ride safe....BTY born in Frankfort & Raised in South Bend

That is really cool, I would not thought of just switching housing front to rear. I have always used hand signals myself, even on customer bikes with turns. Here in Idaho there are no turn signals required on bikes.:)

Back