free website stats program Satellite radio? | Harley Davidson Forums

Satellite radio?

tubguy

I have a Sirius Stellite Radio reciever (sportster5) and am looking for a solution to mount it either in the bars or fairing of my EG. Ive called harley and looked at J&P and even called Sirius. There doesn't seem to be such a part any ideas.

Thanks Tubguy

Get a hold of TSS radio they have all the docking hardware that you will need for mounting your receiver on your bike . They are a authorized Sirius supplier . They do have a web site and they are based out of Chicago , ILL .
I do the same thing as you are planning to do I have 1 receiver and I move it from the truck to the bike as needed , it makes no sense to have more than 1 subscription for satellite radio ,.

Get a hold of TSS radio they have all the docking hardware that you will need for mounting your receiver on your bike . They are a authorized Sirius supplier . They do have a web site and they are based out of Chicago , ILL .
I do the same thing as you are planning to do I have 1 receiver and I move it from the truck to the bike as needed , it makes no sense to have more than 1 subscription for satellite radio ,.
Ironmark where did you mount your antenna,and power supply? I havent done the install yet but wasnt sure if on the inner fairing or bars works better.

Thanks drdoolittle i will check out those sites..

Tubguy

Ironmark has you covered, the key here is to look at their setups and pick out the one or combination you like...keeping in mind that you want flexible mounting, weather resistance, easy-durable quality setup with clean installation and "seamless" integration, with ergonomics for gloved hands and sound quality loud enough for headset or "Boom" like weather resistant amplified speaker setup as an example.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/568/7602/Motorcycle-Article/Harleys-Boom-Audio-Cruiser-Amp-and-Speakers.aspx

Ironmark has you covered, the key here is to look at their setups and pick out the one or combination you like...keeping in mind that you want flexible mounting, weather resistance, easy-durable quality setup with clean installation and "seamless" integration, with ergonomics for gloved hands and sound quality loud enough for headset or "Boom" like weather resistant amplified speaker setup as an example.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/568/7602/Motorcycle-Article/Harleys-Boom-Audio-Cruiser-Amp-and-Speakers.aspx
Newhd74fan, Ive got the 2010 eg with the harmomn Kardon stereo. The sound is awesome just hate looking for fm stations and dont like the mp3 thing. With 2 up we both have intercom with music just love me satellite. As for mounting I was wanting a inner fairing mount so ll give ts a call tomorrow, see if they have such a part.

tubguy

I used the mount that came with the unit. Used the adhesive on the mount and then put two small bolts through the inner fairing. The little black caps over the bolt heads came from Ace Hardware, used silicone to "glue" them on. The antenna I bought off ebay. I used the original magnetic antenna under the fairing (just set it on top of the stereo) until I put the Hog Tunes amp in. Then it seemed I was not getting enough ground plane. Then I switched to the one you see now. For power I got a cigar lighter socket and the epoxied the Sirius power supply in it. I hooked up to the ACC toggle switch, I can turn it on and off with the switch.

Attachments

• Sirius1.jpg
    Sirius1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Sirius2.jpg
    Sirius2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 87
I have the MiFi XM unit.
My model and others will transmit on various FM channels.
Mine transmits on 12 different FM frequencies.
Lower and upper FM frequencies.
88.1-88.9 and 106.7, 106.9 and 107.1-107-9.
Used to transmit to any FM speaker system in cars, home, portable radio, etc.

I placed my unit in the Tour-Pak. Out of sight and out of the weather.
Bought the PakPower Plug that fits 1997-2010 Tour-Paks from J&P.
Motorcycle Parts P Cycles

PN 382-834 ($34.99)

Just a few minutes to install but gives me a power outlet to plug my MyFi unit.
I have the magnetic antenna mounted under the fairing and ran the antenna lead back to the Tour-Pak.

Picked an unused FM channel that doesn't have any local channels on it.
I can listen to XM while traveling the US and nobody can see the unit.
Handy for stops so I don't have to worry about someone stealing my Satellite radio.
Doesn't get hit with rain or sun either.

A nice advantage to the FM transmissions is they do transmit for some distance.
Already tried it and found others that are riding with me can tune their radio to the same FM channel and hear what I hear.
Of course, I get to chose the station.

Only "problem" is if I want to change the station, I have to do it while stopped.
Not a big problem for me as I generally keep it on the same station for long periods.

harley makes a great unit
They do make a nice unit but unfortunately it will stay with the bike for the next owner.
I like having my own unit and I can move it to the house or other vehicles and I retain ownership.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironmark where did you mount your antenna,and power supply? I havent done the install yet but wasnt sure if on the inner fairing or bars works better

Tubguy

I mounted the docking unit on the handlebars , the antenna mounted at the switch control housing , I pull power from the cigarette lighter outlet & I use a audio output cable from satellite receiver to the radio input port that is located on the front of the radio ( make sure it is a stereo cable not a mono cable) for the best quality audio that way you don't have to mess with the FM channels , the audio is allot better using a cable . I got the mounting kit from TSS and it included everything mentioned but the audio cable was a mono cable , it also came with a rain cover for the receiver . I hope the pics help you out the only difference is I used part of my Tom Tom Rider 2 GPS mount ( the part with the ball ) so I can mount my GPS and the satellite radio at the same location on the handlebars .

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg