free website stats program Sat Nav | Harley Davidson Forums

Sat Nav

Johnlyn

Hi all, I recently got my 07 Harley Lehman trike, and it's great :D Anyway I would like to ask you for some advice. I own a Garmin Quest 2 which I have had for a few years so I was very happy to see that it looks exactly like the HD RoadTech Quest, not wanting to spend anymore money than I had to, I decided to use it on the Trike. I then bought both the HD Garmin Quest fairing mounting kit and had it fitted to the Trike, and the handlebar mounting cradle that fits to the back of the Garmin. It works but I don't get any voice/speech from it, and when I hit the sat nav button on the radio it come up with no sat nav fitted. Has anyone else used a Garmin Quest 2 on their Ultra and had the voice working?

My understanding is the sat/nav button on the radio is for the radio installed nav. if you are plugging your Garmin in the aux port of the radio you would have to place your radio on aux to hear. But then again I'm alway's wrong, just ask my wife.

I have the same set up and the only way to get the voice to work is by using the MP3 plug and selecting the radio to AUX.
There is a small 3.5 pin male/male plug included with the HD conquest but I'm not sure about the Quest.

I have the same set up and the only way to get the voice to work is by using the MP3 plug and selecting the radio to AUX.
There is a small 3.5 pin male/male plug included with the HD conquest but I'm not sure about the Quest.

I use a ear piece so I can listen to my Radio and Ipod. I have the Quest 2 as well.........The reason I don't use maps I can keep going...my eye site sucks so I hate maps!...lol..besides the ladys voice from the Garmin sound just like my wife....and shes always telling me where to go ..so I feel like I'm home!

Back