free website stats program Sand and salt on the roads | Harley Davidson Forums

Sand and salt on the roads

Many of us have had a bad winter and the use of sand and salt was used everywhere...Just a friendly reminder to all, be especially careful when exiting on off ramps, curves, etc. A well known pastor in our community was killed and was also a very experienced rider went down last week and yes, was wearing a helmet! He sustained head injuries after His Harley went down on an exit ramp where salt and sand remains from the last storm here. Riding and following behind cars to closely will also pit not only your bikes finish but not to pleasant on the complexion either. Now that it's warming up, just keep in mind there is a lot of salt and sand still on the Roads still and be mindful of it! Steveo, OKC.

Really sorry to hear about your Pastor friend. Gone to a better place I hope.
Be careful everyone - there's still a lot of crud on the road where the snow/ice is gone.

Sad to hear of your loss, you all be careful up North with all that mess on the roads

The roads in my area have had a lot of salt and grit put on them over the winter and the edges of most roads look like a beach and the centre line of the road and the centre line of each lane have a brown sandy strip which when wet is deep enough to have tread marks of any tyre that ran on it
so ill keep my bike in the shed for a wee while yet as the sand when wet turns to a sludge that is just as slippery as ice

Brian

Sorry for your tragic loss. I would much rather ride late into the Fall before they put the salt down then ride in the very early Spring because the roads around here still have lots of sand on them.

Back