free website stats program Samson True Duals | Harley Davidson Forums

Samson True Duals

rocknrod

I bought a set of Samson True duals for my 08 STreet Glide.
The front head pipes look great fit well.
The rear head pipes do not fit. You cannot install them with the starter bracket in place. The one that holds the rear headpipe support.
So you have to modify it (bracket) to get the head pipe in. Even then the head pipe on the rear sits too high.
Not real happy with that aspect.
I contacted them, to no avail.

So I will be using my previously purchased Ful-Sac kit on the rear head pipe to make it work.
The problem with only going with Ful-Sac on the front head pipe is, when you try and flip the heat shields on a 08, they dont work as advertised. They do Not cover the hose clamps as they say they do on a 08.

Just a heads up in case your thinking of buying them.

What did they say when you contacted them? If they don't fit on the 08 bikes, it could be a manufacturing problem that they should stand behind. Pay by credit card? dispute the sale.:s

They said theyd "look into it"
Thats the last I have heard from them.
They got my money. The last penny they will ever see from me.
Or anybody else I talk to.

Follow up with them, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Don' let them slide if they don't fit right on an 08 bike.

Few years ago I purchased a set of 2" pipe in a pipe for a heritage. Fit was very poor and front pipe rested on running board. In test drive my boot soles melted to the pipe ( the ad said cool outside). I contacted the seller, they reinbursed me for my boots, took the pipes back and rewrote the ad in the next catalog. Bottom line is do not let them stick you with a bad product.
mdnbiker

Back