free website stats program Samson True Dual Install | Harley Davidson Forums

Samson True Dual Install

glenalt

I am finally purchasing a set of S430 fishtails from Samson for my 05 heritage and am wondering about the install. I seem to remember reading somewhere about the shifter linkage needing some tweaking or something. Does anyone have any tips to make the install go smooth? Thanks.

Just ordered my S2-439b last week and expecting delivery tommorrow. I'll post some pics and info on how it went when im done. From what I've heard its pretty straight forward. Can't be any tougher than getting my thunderheaders OFF. What a pain in the butt.

Thanks Nicks. I'll keep a lookout for the pics. I've been reading and what seems to be normal is getting off the old exhaust. The fasteners need to be soaked with some solvent/penetrating spray.

Just a little tip for you NickS,I recently installed V+H True Duals on my '09 Heritage and found it was much easier to slide the left(rear)side pipe through the frame and then install the O2 sensor.It's a little tricky to get the sensor tightend but my rear pipe just wouldn't go through the frame with it installed.

Back