free website stats program saggy bag kits | Harley Davidson Forums

saggy bag kits

jd140400

anyone make their own kit for saggy heritage bags, a friend of mine bought one kit, then we used it for a template to make two more ( he and his wife each have a heritage, i have one, and my wife has a sportster) so far so good the main thing i can see is do not let them get too far gone before trying to put a kit in.

OH, For the saddle bags, I get it. I thought it was for, no, can't go down that road or Glider bill poof me.

anyone make their own kit for saggy heritage bags, a friend of mine bought one kit, then we used it for a template to make two more ( he and his wife each have a heritage, i have one, and my wife has a sportster) so far so good the main thing i can see is do not let them get too far gone before trying to put a kit in.

Where did you get them and does it works? pic?. I saw the ads on one of the magazine but didn't look into it until you mention it (senior moment :bigsmiley14:, happen alot lately)

i will have to take some photos, they are basically a piece of plastic that is cut to fit inside the bag, one goes in the front inside of the bag and one goes in the rear inside, they are cut to fit from the seam to the inside edge of the bag thus putting some pressure on the bag to remove wrinkles

i will also have to ask where he got them, yes they work, a bit difficult to install, the more wrinkled or shrunken the leather the harder they are to put in, they look really good when done th0ugh.

I used leather condition on the inside of the bags a day before i installed the saggy bag kit and it worked really good. It still takes some pushing and a few beers but a year later and they still look like new.:s

I'd be interested in seeing the kit he bought and what the prototypes you made look like....my right bag is getting a bit worn and saggy since thats the one I use most often....

jd140400,
I sure would be interested in the type of pastic that was used on this transformation on the old saggy bags. I also have the heritage and also the saggy bags. Is the a pastic at is from the Home depot of from your local hobby store? Oh, and did you do an insert on the lid of the bags aswhile? And the epoxy used was leather friendly I hope.

jd140400,

Did you ever find out where your friend got the kit? I live in the cold north. I'm thinking about doing this project before the riding season starts. I guess I'd pull the bags off the bike and bringing them inside to warm up before doing this.

Drop a quick note if you know who sells the kit.

Thanks.

Back