free website stats program Saddlebag supports for '02 Wide Glide - New Lights? | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag supports for '02 Wide Glide - New Lights?

djzoohelp

Checking on Harley's site, it says you have to buy bullet signal lights to use the luggage rack. Anybody know why? Is it really necessary? I'd rather not spend another $125 but lights I don't need.

Thanks,
Keith

From Harley's site:
Chrome Saddlebag Supports

Fit with or without Sissy Bar Uprights, attach easily, and protect bags from contacting brake and swingarm.

90589-91D

Fits '91-'05 Dyna® and '96-'05 FXDWG models. ('02-later Dyna® models require separate purchase of (2) Bullet Turn Signals P/N 68425-01 (Domestic) or 68420-01 (International).

Can you post up some pics of your fender struts and signals? Their cataloge says alot of things won't work with other stuff. Just like my sissybar cant be quick release with saddle bags. It is, and so are my bags. Sometimes you just have to buy thier crap and make it work or just get to see if it will work.

I am guessing that your turn signals are too big and the supports will push the bags out and hit them? Not sure what signals you have though. Also, might want to check into getting a used pair of signals. Someone may have replaced theirs and be willing to ship them to ya really cheep?

Thanks. Yup, I'm learning that the info on the web ain't necessarily so. I got a different set of original bags and had to get a different adaptor kit. On the Harley's site it says the kit moves the signal lights to the licence bracket. Uh - nope. It shifts the lights about 3" back, but not on the licence bracket.

Back