free website stats program Saddlebag Lid Bra | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag Lid Bra

bambam169

I am thinking about adding these to my saddlebags. Have any of Yall added these. I have heard to make sure that you wax the lids really good before you add the bra to the lid.

Jeff

I put them on mine to protect the tops from scuffs and scratches. Made sure the top was clean so no dirt was between them and the top lid. Just make sure you place the velcro tabs properly to keep it tight. Works great imo, took them off this winter and the lids looked as clean as when I put them on. Put a bra on the faring also to protect it from rock chips and such plus a leather tank bra. Knock on wood, not a scratch on the bike so far.

They now have the clear urethane lid covers available, virtually invisible and looks really nice. They are $49/pair.

Can't say about clear ones. Although I have heard of a eventual yellowing effect. Can say I love the HD "leather" looking ones and would reccomend them highly. Just make sure to take them off once in a while to clean under them.

I stuck these rubber fender protectors made for cars on to my RK boxes.

They cost me over here in the UK £1 ($2) for two. Total outlay £2.

And they work well I can put all my camping gear laid across the rear fender and boxes on top of a piece of that anti slip rubber sheeting.

I also sold some on ebay, my sales pitch was why spend £100 on chrome that don't get you home! :D

None left now but you could look out for similar in Walmarts or wherever!

ebay.jpg

prtectors.jpg

Back