free website stats program Saddlebag alignement | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddlebag alignement

DANNY MC

Lookin from the rear of my 09 heritage,my left side bag (clutch side) seems to be further away from the fender than the right side bag,is this right?:rofl

I have a Road King, and mine are not level. The two white pin stripes at the bottom of my saddle bags point down on outboard side i have tried to adjust w/o any success. Any Ideas???? WoW my Bikes freakin dirty!

jpg.gif P1060081.jpg (82.5 KB)
jpg.gif P1060082.jpg (60.0 KB)

Attachments

• P1060081.jpg
    P1060081.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 36
  • P1060082.jpg
    P1060082.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 32
hi Fourdogs,urs r similar to mine,my left bag(clutch side) is lower and about 1" further out from fender than other side,its under warranty so once weather warms up will give it back to dealer see if they can sort it?

Fourdogs; The way I got my bags leveled was to remove the QD pins, and make sure the bags are sitting on the bottom support correctly. Then I had wife push on each bag until it looked straight. I then loosened the two bolts on each QD wire bracket and moved the brackets to align with the pins. It took a little fiddling, not bad. BE CAREFUL that you don't adjust the bag too far forward that it contacts the side cover.
If the above doesn't work, check the alignment of your rear crash bars and bag guards. They can also be moved a small amount to level the bags.

The bags om my Heritage weren't the same distance from the fender. Actually, they were at the top but not at the bottom. I removed the one that looked wrong and removed the brace from the back of the bag. Then I bent the brace (not easy) and kept test fitting until both bags were the same.

The bags om my Heritage weren't the same distance from the fender. Actually, they were at the top but not at the bottom. I removed the one that looked wrong and removed the brace from the back of the bag. Then I bent the brace (not easy) and kept test fitting until both bags were the same.

Mine are fine also at the top,its the bottom of the bags were the diff is,which one did you choose to adjust,im thinkin the one that is further away from fender looks like the odd one??:rofl

Mine are fine also at the top,its the bottom of the bags were the diff is,which one did you choose to adjust,im thinkin the one that is further away from fender looks like the odd one??:rofl
Mine was sticking out too. I think it was the left. I just looked wrong.

Back