free website stats program Saddle bag mounts | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle bag mounts

cossak

I remember reading last year but can not find the thread now; about a guy that made a bracket to hold the saddle bags on the quick release mount securely. I am going on a road trip and don't want to lose my saddle bags while eating lunch somewhere. I discovered I can use needle nose pliers and open the HD quick-release mount from the outside and not have to open the bag to take them off the bike.

Anyone have a link to that bracket??

Thanks,

I remember reading last year but can not find the thread now; about a guy that made a bracket to hold the saddle bags on the quick release mount securely. I am going on a road trip and don't want to lose my saddle bags while eating lunch somewhere. I discovered I can use needle nose pliers and open the HD quick-release mount from the outside and not have to open the bag to take them off the bike.

Anyone have a link to that bracket??

Thanks,

Homemade quick detach bag mounts - Harley Davidson Community is this it?

I used the ones called easy brackets or ghost brackets. they lock in placed. I modified mine from the one's I had on my Honda. Easy on easy off when you don't need them. They cost around $125.00:small3d009:

The brackets I remember were about 9-10 bucks and used the same rails as the quick release. This guys idea looks like a good alterntive if I don't find the thread I remember.

Thanks.

Back