free website stats program saddle bag guards on a street glide | Harley Davidson Forums

saddle bag guards on a street glide

StGlide1958

Has anyone added a full gaurd/rail set to a 2006 or so Street Glide? If so, is there a template for the rear rails to pass thru the filler between the saddlebags and the fender that anyone knows of? I don't want to have a butcher job, just a clean look with the guards on and still retain thhe filler. Thanks in advance

I just removed mine and i'm about to install an SG rear fender and oem filler strip. Without making a hole in the filler strip, there is no way you will be able to mount the rear of the bar onto the fender support. Your only option may be running just the two guards in front of the saddlebags which will offer at least some protection. Your frame should have the bolting provisions for them already and you would need the front guards from an Electra Glide Standard. Cutting holes in the rear filler panel may end up looking butchered in my opinion.
WAP.gif

I have been wanting to put a Street Glide style fender on my E.G. Classic since I got it. I do not want to lose my rear crash bars or bag rails. I have yet to find any product that will accomplish this. The bag rails mounting point next to the fender require a sizeable cut out as you have noticed.

Back