free website stats program Saddle Bag Fillers | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle Bag Fillers

j.lawson

Im looking to buy a set of fillers to go between the bags and fender on my 08 Ultra Classic (to be painted). I have stock bags and fender. Are any better than others or pretty much all the same? Where to buy?
John

Why not use the Harley kit with the tri-bar light? Picture is backside of a 2002 FLHT with the HD kit installed.

I like that. I searched HD parts and the only saddlebag fillers I found there were chrome plated. I want to paint mine. Cant tell from picture are yours chrome or painted?
John

Be careful when selecting the fillers. Most will not work with the saddlebag guard rails that the Classics and Ultras have. I did find some chrome ones that do fit.
The Street Glide fender fascia is the best looking IMO, but I didn't want to lose my bag rails.

I like that. I searched HD parts and the only saddlebag fillers I found there were chrome plated. I want to paint mine. Cant tell from picture are yours chrome or painted?John

That is the rear facia from a '06 FLHX; PN 59739-06DH. The DH designates the black color; you might be able to order in the color of your bike or a primed piece. You will need the stud plate, flange nuts and the light bracket; you will need it because you will have to replace the OEM fender tip. I have the PNs for the hardware if you are interested.

You will need to drill the rear fender to attach the facia; three holes on each side. Best way is to apply some painters tape, fit the facia, mark and drill; gotta get it right the first time for a good tight fit. Some use two sided tape to install but I don't like that method.

There are two tip lights; I would have to dig through my notes for the PN. My bike is a 2002 FLHT, not sure if there are issues with the bag rails as Breeze refers to with Classics or Ultras; I did not encounter any. If you are interested in details; let me know.

Thanks for all the info. I found the part at Ronnies for a decent price unless there is someplace better. :)
John

I buy everything from New Castle. Use the online chat feature to find parts that don't show up with search. You need to find the receptacle to plug in the tri bar light. I plugged mine into the spare female receptacle in the tail light housing. Had to clip off the female connector on the tri bar harness, shorten the harness, install new pins and male connector. My FLHT is 2002; may be your connect point is in a different location?
WAP.gif

Back