free website stats program Saddle bag adjustment!!!!!!!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle bag adjustment!!!!!!!!!!

trem5150

HELP
I took the factory saddle bags guards and rails off my 08 Electra. and went with the not so visable supports (street glide or road king look) . Everything went together well except I am about a 1/2 inch shy on the back fasteners when putting the bags back on. the rear brackets are adjusted as far as they can go. I didnt think it would need any adjustment but the rear fastener is a half in higher than the eyelet on the bag.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I dont want to pay HD for something simple
THANKS

Always put them together loosely until you find the correct position and then tighten it up after that. On the rear where the rail bolts to the fender support, you can put it on incorrectly with the rail bracket in front or behind the fender support and it will make a difference.

Fender support to the front of the rail support. Rail support to the rear of the bike of the fender support. Didn't it come with instructions?

yea instructions were supplied and I went according to instructions, you threw me for a loop with the
"you can put it on incorrectly with the rail bracket in front or behind the fender support and it will make a difference".
I went and looked and it was in the front. It is exactly how it is suppose to be, but Im still off by 1/2 inch

Nice town you live in and welcome to the forum. Used to pass thru your neck of the woods on my way to Sturgis when I lived in Minnesota.:D

Always put them together loosely until you find the correct position and then tighten it up after that. On the rear where the rail bolts to the fender support, you can put it on incorrectly with the rail bracket in front or behind the fender support and it will make a difference.

A+ on assembling everything loose.

Back