free website stats program S & S super E carb | Harley Davidson Forums

S & S super E carb

marknett

I've got a jet question for you guys/girls . Does the 2 1/2 turns out for idle jet setting apply to the s&s carb .? Thanks

I've got a jet question for you guys/girls . Does the 2 1/2 turns out for idle jet setting apply to the s&s carb .? Thanks

My GUESS since you are on Line for an answer,,,, would be between 1.5 and 2.5 ..

Where is it now and is it running smooth without a Hick-Up ? If it runs good You have the right spot..

On the cv carbs the setting "in" and "out" adjustment screw METERs the fuel ratio and the Jet size Dictates how much is There to meter..

I should of mentioned this to Lang.. He's having a problem with this, Maybe He'll read here.

signed....BUBBIE

it idles fine but I will get an occasional hick-up at early throttle
I'll check to see where it is now

it idles fine but I will get an occasional hick-up at early throttle
I'll check to see where it is now

The Hick-up would tell me::: that it May be too small a low speed jet (Lean) or a small leak in the intake manifold OR the excel-Pump NOT giving the **Squirt Needed to increase the RPM...

The **squirt can be checked by watching at the carb opening(air filter off) and a Nice Full stream of raw gas should be squirting at the center of the Venture/butterfly opening... When you twist the throttle wide open a good full flow is needed......

signed....BUBBIE

ok the idle screw is exactly 1 full turn out . I don;t have a rpm guage so not sure what my rpm 's are but sounds about right

On the Idle Mixture screw the needle out 2.5 times. Take the bike for a ride of about 15 miles. With the engine running slowly screw the needle in until the engine starts running rough. Screw it our until the same thing happens. The ideal spot is half way between the two spots. If the engine hiccups on early throttle openings then slowly increase your accelerator pump and blip the throttle. Listen to see if screwing it out makes a difference.

Back