free website stats program S&s carbs | Harley Davidson Forums

S&s carbs

If you have it, then it's worth rebuilding it but the CV carbs are good carbs too and easy to set up.

Absolutely worth rebuilding, those carbs are expensive. I would not trash it, and IMO unless you got a ton of motor work, not necessary, your stock CV carb is very good and reliable, and you can tweek it to perform better, like Yost power tube, Thinderjet to add another fuel circuit, polish it, people put S&S carbs on thinking they are doing themselves a favor and sometimes it makes for a headache.

can anyone tell me if S&S carbs are worth rebuilding or should I trash it??

Kenny, welcome to the HDTimeline forum, in a nutshell if that is what you have and it was on the bike and only now giving you problems...ABSOLUTELY worth it, as the rebuild kit is perhaps $40 or so and if you look in the Self Help tab near the top of the page you will find this and other tips to give you a hand...all you need is to identify which one by it's letter designation and your good to go...:D

http://www.hdtimeline.com/fuel_and_carb_related_issues/1261-s_and_s_super_e_and_g_carb_install.html

They are good carbs and worth keeping but the c v can be hot rodded and will preform nicely never had problems with the c v s s can be tricky to tune and dont do much for a stock motor but suck a lot of gas JMO

Kenny, welcome to the HDTimeline forum, in a nutshell if that is what you have and it was on the bike and only now giving you problems...ABSOLUTELY worth it, as the rebuild kit is perhaps $40 or so and if you look in the Self Help tab near the top of the page you will find this and other tips to give you a hand...all you need is to identify which one by it's letter designation and your good to go...:D

http://www.hdtimeline.com/fuel_and_carb_related_issues/1261-s_and_s_super_e_and_g_carb_install.html

I do greatly appreciate all of ya'lls help, I bought this little custom from my nephew kinda cheap, and it has a few small problems, take em one at a time the motor is an 81 sporty to the best of my knowledge so its day by day to get it right

Back