free website stats program S.E. Super Tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

S.E. Super Tuner

kasper

Just need some advice. I have a 2006 Glide Classic EFI. Recently installed a set of Hooker slip on mufflers and a K & N performance air intake kit. I contacted my local dealer as I knew I would have to take the bike in to have the EFI system adjusted to compensate for the upgrades. I am now being told I must buy the Screaming Eagle 32109-08A Super Tuner at a cost of $650.00 then it has to go on the Dyno at anothe $250.00 (these are canadian $$$) anyway my concern is I was led to belive that all I needed to do was have them reflash the system. I looked at some info on the web and a lot of sites state that this Super Tuner is for Race Only applications. Am I being hosed here or do I have to but this Super Tuner. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

Ron

It's a matter of opinion what you need. Sure for that $1000 from the dealer IF they know what they are doing, you should end up with a custom map and the bike will run good.

For a street ridden bike, I like the TFI. It will add fuel to your engine and the bike will run much better. While it's true that the SE tuner does a lot more, it isn't needed IMO on a street bike. If you are competing, then it would help.

Get the TFI and do it yourself and use the extra $750 for something you want.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile, UTV

Lots of posts on the TFI here.

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

Just need some advice. I have a 2006 Glide Classic EFI. Recently installed a set of Hooker slip on mufflers and a K & N performance air intake kit. I contacted my local dealer as I knew I would have to take the bike in to have the EFI system adjusted to compensate for the upgrades. I am now being told I must buy the Screaming Eagle 32109-08A Super Tuner at a cost of $650.00 then it has to go on the Dyno at anothe $250.00 (these are canadian $$$) anyway my concern is I was led to belive that all I needed to do was have them reflash the system. I looked at some info on the web and a lot of sites state that this Super Tuner is for Race Only applications. Am I being hosed here or do I have to but this Super Tuner. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

Two things here. JMHO, the answer to your question is "yes you are".

And second, unless you are gonna do a BUNCH more mods to the engine, you will probably NOT get your money's worth on that large investment.

Here is some info for your to consider:

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community

I personally have installed the TFI on my '03 UC BECAUSE it is plug and play, infinitely adjustable, user friendly, and does not require dyno time to set up, use and adjust!! See here:

TFI Instructions - Harley Davidson Community

TFI Discounted - Harley Davidson Community

TFI Installation On 05 Bike (Video) - Harley Davidson Community

Lastly, find a different dealership. The one you are going to now, does not have your best interest at heart.

TQ

I was kinda feeling like I was being had to some degree. I am not overly familiar with all the new technology and wish to thank you all for you quick replies and trusted opinions. I will seriously consider locating one of these TFI units and do it myself. I am sure I can put the money I save to a much better use. Any other imput would be appreciated and again Thanks to all.

I was kinda feeling like I was being had to some degree. I am not overly familiar with all the new technology and wish to thank you all for you quick replies and trusted opinions. I will seriously consider locating one of these TFI units and do it myself. I am sure I can put the money I save to a much better use. Any other imput would be appreciated and again Thanks to all.

Give George a call at Dobeck Performance (+1 877-764-3337). Very approachable guy. Describe what you have done to your bike and he will suggest the initial settings to try when you install your TFI. Remember to mention that you are a member here, and he will knock off US$10. Not sure he will throw in S&H to Canada, but he might!! Worth the question.

TQ

I know this is going to be the point of view that everyone dislikes, but heck. I work at a dealership, so I have to say, I disagree with the fact that you are being "taken". Fuel Injected models from 2006-2008 were put out so lean that the only way to make them run PERFECT was the Race Tuner. Now, I know people that haven't done it and that's fine. I won't sit here and tell you that you need to, but if you want that bike to run perfect at every RPM and give you the best performance and gas mileage, then you will get the SE Super Tuner. JMO based on what I've seen.

I know some of the dealers in Canada (or at least Alberta) are no longer able to offer or tune anything other than the SERT. Harley Canada is applying pressure to the dealers to push HD accessories. When I was running a Power Commander III in my bike, the Calgary and Red Deer dealers both sent me elsewhere for a dyno even though they were Dynotec certified.

I know some of the dealers in Canada (or at least Alberta) are no longer able to offer or tune anything other than the SERT. Harley Canada is applying pressure to the dealers to push HD accessories. When I was running a Power Commander III in my bike, the Calgary and Red Deer dealers both sent me elsewhere for a dyno even though they were Dynotec certified.

I think Deelys is squeezing the Canadian dealers pretty hard,judging from a few friends in the dealerships I have talked to.

Back