free website stats program Rx Motorcycle Glasses/Goggles | Harley Davidson Forums

Rx Motorcycle Glasses/Goggles

JDPEagle

So I have a medical reimbursement plan with my soon-to-be ex job. I need to order some goggles/sunglasses for summertime riding... and soon. :newsmile045:

I would like something that the pads can be removed and serve as decent looking casual sunglasses when off the bike. Also, Transitions might be nice (I have used them for flying).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Got mine at my local optometrist, paid about $140.00, RX, and they have the foamy thing that will pop out. I just leave the foam thing in, I've got other sunglasses in the SUV. Just looked at them and there's not even a brand name on them. Had 'em for about a year now, still fine. Sorry, just check with your local optometrist. I've never liked the transition lens, they just don't seem to get dark enough and I like the polarized lens better.

I ordered a set of Wiley X glasses at the International Motorcycle show when they were in Minneapolis. Got them from a place out of South Dakota called Eye Lenses Inc. EYE LENSES - The BEST Place to Buy Prescription Eyeglasses They specialize in presciption motorcycle eyewear. I got the transitions just for the fact that I didn't want to have to carry two pair with me as the sun was coming up/going down. I've learned that wearing prescription glasses is always a compromise when it comes to light conditions, and the transitions were the best fit for me. JMHO

I reallly like the Wiley-X glasses. The foam fits well, and is easy to remove; use them for everyday wear and even fishing. I don't care much for the transitions lenses because they don't get dark enough for the sun in the southern states.

Got mine at my local optometrist, paid about $140.00, RX, and they have the foamy thing that will pop out. I just leave the foam thing in, I've got other sunglasses in the SUV. Just looked at them and there's not even a brand name on them. Had 'em for about a year now, still fine. Sorry, just check with your local optometrist. I've never liked the transition lens, they just don't seem to get dark enough and I like the polarized lens better.

I have an older type of glass lens before Transitions that goes darker. As for polarized lens, don't like them for one reason...when riding, sometimes you cannot see tar snakes or spilled oil on the road until too late.

I use non-polarized Solar Shields, they go over my perscription lens and are $19 or less if on sale at most Rx stores like CVS, Longs or RiteAid as well as Target, KMart etc. No big loss if you lose 'em or scratch 'em. :D

I bought a set of Ray Bans that look like Roy Orbison glasses with transition lenses. Perfect! They keep the wind out of my eyes and I am not changing from one pair to another.

I have vsp Insurance that covered a pair of Liberty Sport "Chopper" prescip glasses. I like them and they have magnetic side shields that pop on and self align. They have other types too.

I ordered a set of Wiley X glasses at the International Motorcycle show when they were in Minneapolis. Got them from a place out of South Dakota called Eye Lenses Inc. EYE LENSES - The BEST Place to Buy Prescription Eyeglasses They specialize in presciption motorcycle eyewear. I got the transitions just for the fact that I didn't want to have to carry two pair with me as the sun was coming up/going down. I've learned that wearing prescription glasses is always a compromise when it comes to light conditions, and the transitions were the best fit for me. JMHO

I also used this guy...Brad is his name....and bought the Panoptix Raptors. They are prescription and photograde transition from yellow to dark gray. They have the removable inserts and they are absolutely the greatest riding glasses I have ever used. I also bought a pair of just dark almost black ones for mid summer sunny weather riding too.

Back