free website stats program Rush Slip-ons, Ness Big Sucker and Harley Map Download | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush Slip-ons, Ness Big Sucker and Harley Map Download

Slapp

So here is what we did. My friend wanted a little more zip in his UC so he had me put on a set of Rush slip-ons (1.5 inch baffle), with the Arlen Ness Big Sucker air filter kit. We then took it to the local dealer and had them do the map download. The sound of the bike is great and the Rush slips on look great as well as the Ness air intake. Overall it seems to have a lot more pep and is noticeably quicker off the line as well as sounding awesome.
Now what is important is that we did not add an Electronic Fuel Management system, only the Harley map download. He rides his bike easy never really getting on it too aggressively and mainly 2 up with his wife, together they weigh in at maybe 280 - 300. How do you think this setup will be over time? And...should we add a fuel management system?
Thanks in advance for you assistance.

With slip-on's and hi flow air cleaner you NEED fuel management. The bike is more than likely running VERY lean. Look at the TFI, I am very happy with it.

So you think it needs an external fuel managment system even though it had the dealer Map Down Load?

I have pretty much the same setup, rush slip-on 2" baffle, harley download, harley hi-flow air filter. Had is setup 9 years 35k miles, runs great, no pinging and 54 mpg. Very happy

Slapp like Top stated you will be fine but I had the same setup and only after putting the TFI was I completly happy with the preformance of my beautiful machine.

OK so thanks for the reply, but what is the easiest fuel managment system to use and hook up. And with that being said does anyone know about the RideMaxx?

The TFI was so easy other than the part about lifting the gas tank up to get at the sensers.At least for my big paws. Had the wife help out on that but tuning was a breeze.
Great buy for the money.

Back