free website stats program Rush exhaust mod | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush exhaust mod

blues821

Well I'm just gonna throw this out there and it goes where it goes. Ive got the 1.5 rush's on my RKC. and the wife's been wanting it louder . so at first I tryed just removeing the packing witch was burnt and only about half there to begin with. It got louder but it was tinny and I didnt like it , so I cut the baffle in half. louder yet but tinny so I wraped them in exhaust wrap sounded great but then Iwas worried about back pressure and maybe running in a lean condition so I took the back half of the baffle and cut all of the tube off of it and welded it back on to the front half so basicly my baffle looks just as it did stock but now its less than half as long .so then I wraped them in exhaust wrap and reinstalled BINGO great volume at least as loud as my buddy's 2.0's but the tone is very deep and concetrated is the best way to discribe it . basicly all i did was to reduce the mufflers ability to muffle .I still have the 1.5 restriction so I'm not worryed about running lean or back pressure and I like the tone better than my freinds stock 2.0's .........It does make it noticeably louder but its not to loud and the tone is way better in fact I like the tone well enuff now that i'm not concidering getting new mufflers or bigger baffles .....................................Keith

I would have swapped out the 1.5 for 2.0 or 2.5's, but that's because I don't have the time or tools to do all the cutting and welding. But hey if it works for ya, cool! Sounds like you finally got the right combo. Best T

Back